Happy Labor Day Weekend, folks!
This holiday was divinely placed because I feel as though I was literally crawling out of this week. I have no idea why I worked as long as I did this week, only to turn around and crank out a few hours working on the blog. Therefore, I truly appreciate an extra day of recovery. I'm determined to spend one day out of this weekend doing something for me and not having the laptop to my hip. Wish me luck.
Let's talk about August.
I read somewhere awhile back to break down some goals for yourself into months in lieu of resolutions, and boy was that smart! I took it a step further and broke it down into categories. How did I do?
- 12 posts- No. But I think I pushed out some high quality content as proven by number two.
- 5,000 page views- No. But, I did double my views from July even though I had viewer posts.
- Fix commenting system- Done. Do you like Disqus??
- Get a share bar- Yup!
Pinterest- 50 followers- Still at 25. So, Pinterest is one of the focuses for September.
- Twitter- 50 followers- Got em!
- Facebook- 500 likes- Nope. My account got hacked. I'm around 440. Sigh.
- Instagram- 1400 followers- Check!
- Get Stumbleupon- Yes! Do I understand it? Hail no. lolol
- Better organization system- Yes! My desk still looks crazy at times (blame the creative in me), but I'm actually maintaining binders and my Day Designer helps me a lot.
- Handle department affairs first; then the extracurricular- Yes! Learning to prioritize.
- Apply to speak at a STEM conference- Nah. I really let time get past me because I applied for another program simultaneously. And I got in!
- Get a black owned bank account.- No but it WILL happen when I get back to Houston.
- Continue my Happy Monday ministry.- Bombed. Been overwhelmed. I'll do better in September.
- Get back to Concord (church)- Nope.
- Visit a graduate chapter of AKA- Nope.
What am I focusing on in September?
Clearly, I was lacking in the personal department and I feel it. So, for September I think I am going to do something nice for myself. I'm not sure what it is yet but even if it's something like a simple manicure or massage, I want to treat myself.
- We are going to attempt to do 12 high quality posts.
- Add two more pages to the blog. Can't wait to share them with you!
- Secure a logo and header page from my girl Lauren of Arrogant Images
- Generate a monthly newsletter.
- Get another bank account specifically for blog expenses.
Note: I will be participating in a Social Media challenge. It is initially for 30 days, but being the overachiever I am, I might go for 60. That's why these numbers may seem far fetched from where I currently am.
- Pinterest- 60 followers
- Twitter- 100 followers
- Facebook- 550 followers
- Instagram- 1550 followers
Successfully plan academic nights for my two departments
- Execute social outing for the team.
- Maintain streamlined organization & follow up (I despise paperwork).
- Get back in the GYM.
- Go to churchhhh.
- Treat myself.
- Visit graduate chapters.
- Respond to text messages faster (It's been a problem.
- Read a book for leisure!
I am pretty content with this list. I have some areas in which I need to be intentional and aggressive but I'm ready to make moves. What goals have you set for yourself this month? Let's talk so we have accountability. I want everyone to win on their endeavors. September has welcomed me beautifully and I want to close out the last quarter of 2016 strong. 5,000 views, I'm gunning for you!