I looked up and it was fall. I am just returning back to Texas after being in New Jersey for a few days and am ready to tackle the month. I hadn't planned on traveling in September at all but things happen. For that and some other reasons, I didn't end September on the strong note that I wanted to. That is the beauty of a new month...week... or day. You get a chance to start over. October is the halfway mark for me until my birthday and is a great time for me to reflect and reevaluate. I am praying I have a much more peaceful month and get some time to myself so I can just breathe. Let's get to chatting about the goals for the month!
September In Review
- We are going to attempt to do 12 high quality posts. 10.
- Get another bank account specifically for blog expenses. No.
- Pinterest- 60 followers. Yes! I am at 115.
- Twitter- 100 followers- Got it! 115
- Facebook- 550 likes- Yes! 554, thanks to my lovely friends at Black Bloggers United.
- Instagram- 1550 followers- No, I'm at 1517. I put my main efforts into Pinterest and Twitter. Something had to give.
- Get back in the GYM. No.
- Go to churchhhh. Bedside Baptist.
- Treat myself. Yes!
- Visit graduate chapters. No.
- Respond to text messages faster Ask my friends, lol.
- Read a book for leisure! No.
Successfully plan academic nights for my two departments. In progress!
- Execute social outing for the team. In progress!
- Maintain streamlined organization & follow up Yes! Glory to God.
Related Post: August in Review & September Goals
- 13 posts. I still haven't gotten past 12 but I am going to be more focused.
- Draft weekly posts by Sunday evening.
- Newsletter. For. Real.
- 5,000 views.
- Finish editorial calendar for the rest of 2016.
Since I plan on having my posts drafted by the end of the weekend, I can dedicate ample time to my social media. Automating items has definitely helped save me some frustration as well.
- Facebook- 700 likes
- Instagram- 1700 followers
- Pinterst- 200 followers (Do you all remember when I only had 25 followers a little over a month ago?)
- Twitter- 200 followers
- Prioritize by asking myself. "what fires do I have to put out today?"
- Tidy desk up before leaving.
- Send out meeting invitations / notes earlier.
- Get another shellac manicure. Treat yo'self.
- No snoozing in the morning!
- 30 - 60 minutes of "morning medicine" whether it be a podcast, reading, or my devotional.
- Do something different with my hair. (I'm getting restless and want to switch it up).
- Celebrate my half birthday! (Yep. October 21)
- Find a flight to go back home before Christmas.
As I mentioned before, September shocked me. I was having some anxiety issues. I got sick. I attended a funeral. It sucked a lot of energy out of me that I wasn't prepared to give and even though I am still getting myself back to normal, I am heading into this month with a positive mindset.
What goals do you have for the month? Let me know in the comments and check back with me so we can manifest our dreams. We've got this!