Today is Monday, June 15 and seemingly another ordinary Monday. I am on my first summer vacation in eight years, have been reading up a storm, stalking airfare sales, and mentally deciding which items will come with me to DFW. But then it dawned on me why the 15th of this month is important to me.
I only have one month left in Houston.
It is a hard pill to swallow that after my four year love affair with this city, I will be leaving for St. Louis in a month, and then moving into a new home in Dallas in August. While my first 5-6 months were testy, I truly started to gain an appreciation for the city in January of 2012. I understood why people were so #HTown and I willingly represented Houston when I was out of town. I am blessed to have a new job opportunity and the chance to make my mark on another Texas town, but I would be lying if the thought did not make my heart ache a bit.
What should I do with my one month left?
A bucket list it is! I do not expect everything on the list to get done (although that would be LOVELY), but I hope to accomplish at least 50% of the list. I'll probably be adding things to this as it goes, but at least I have somewhere to keep my thoughts together.
- Go to Kemah Boardwalk.
- Attend a festival.
- Ride the MetroRail.
- Visit the Houston Zoo (pray for me, as it's hot in Texas).
- Visit 3 museums I have not been to yet.
- Get a library card.
- Kayak in Buffalo Bayou.
- Eat at the Downtown Aquarium
- Complete a margarita bar crawl.
- Attend a Houston Astros game.
- Do the Houston Astros Stadium Tour
- Attend a Houston Dynamo game.
- Visit the Sky Lobby in the JP Morgan Chase building.
- Pedal Party!
- Crawfish stops: LA Crawfish and Lotus
- Get wasted at St. Arnold's brewery.
- Walk through the downtown tunnels (my mother has been here ONCE and got to do this before me!)
- Look like a tourist and do the Houston Segway Tour.
- Go to the Heights White Linen party.
- Go to somebody's concert.
- Sunday Funday in the Third Ward
- Houston Bud and Burgers Challenge
Do you have any suggestions? Let me know what else I'm missing! Here's to making my last month count.
Source: 365 Things To Do In Houston
Peace and Blessings,